This is a modular course for those who want to learn more first aid skills. The elective lessons are chosen by instructors based on your needs. For example, companies may ask for specific lessons in accordance with local or provincial safety regulations. Electives in a course intended for the general public are based on regional or community needs and interests.
Both the Standard First Aid and Emergency First Aid courses include five core lessons (four hours):
- Emergency Scene Management
- Shock, Unconsciousness, and Fainting
- Choking (Adult)
- Cardiovascular Emergencies and One-Rescuer CPR (Adult casualty)
- Severe Bleeding
There are 18 elective lessons. The Emergency course includes approximately 1.5 hours** of elective content, while the Standard course includes about 7.5 hours.**
- Medical Conditions (Diabetes, Convulsions, Asthma, Allergies)
- Child Resuscitation
- Infant Resuscitation
- Two-Rescuer CPR
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Secondary Survey
- Bone and Joint Injuries
- Head/Spinal and Pelvic Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Wound Care
- Multiple Casualty Management
- Rescue Carries
- Eye Injuries
- Poisons, Bite, and Stings
- Heat and Cold Illness and Injuries
- Emergency Childbirth and Miscarriage
- Artificial Respiration
- * Quoted price is per person. HST not included.
- ** The length of St. John Ambulance courses may vary depending on modules selected and provincial or territorial regulations.
- Prior to making a reservation, please review our Payment, Deposit, and Refund policies.