Learn the techniques to glide through the water like a pro. Buoyancy can be challenging to master in the beginning but with practice it will become second nature. This course works on proper weighting, breathing control, and equipment streamlining.
The Peak Performance Buoyancy course consists of 2 dives which can be done in one day. You can do these dives locally between May and October.
What You’ll Learn
What is neutral buoyancy? Scuba divers like to be neutrally buoyant so they neither sink nor float. It can be a tricky thing. Divers who’ve mastered the highest performance levels in buoyancy stand apart. You’ve seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend, or hover almost as if by thought. They interact gently with aquatic life and affect their surroundings minimally. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course refines the basic skills you learned as a PADI Open Water Diver and elevates them to the next level.
- How to trim your scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water
- Nuances in determining weight so you’re not too light nor too heavy by even a slight degree
- How to streamline to save air and move smoothly through the water
- How to hover effortlessly in a horizontal position
What You’ll Need
To start your PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an Open Water Diver certification from PADI or a similar certification from another recognized scuba diver training organization
You will need: Tanks, weight system, regulator, BCD, appropriate exposure suit (ie. wetsuit, dry suit or maybe just a bathing suit), dive computer, mask, fins and snorkel.
If you don’t own your equipment we have great packages to get you geared up. We also have rentals available at reasonable rates.
Course Fee: $150 + tax
Manual: $51.90 + tax
**Education Materials subject to change as they are controlled by PADI Canada.